Greater Noida AC Blast Sparks Massive Fire

Greater Noida AC Blast Sparks Massive Fire

Image source: X

Massive Fire Erupts in Greater Noida Flat After AC Explosion; Video Goes Viral

A shocking video showing a devastating fire at Gaur City 1 apartment in Greater Noida has gone viral. The fire, caused by an air-conditioning unit explosion due to intense heat, left the flat covered in thick black smoke and ash.

The video, shared on X, included a caption saying, “The AC burst and then nothing was left in the flat. This picture of Gaur City-1 of Greater Noida West really makes one wonder why ACs are bursting every day. I had never heard of such a thing before this summer.” The explosion caused widespread chaos in the area.

Reports indicate that items worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed in the fire, but fortunately, no one was injured.

People reacted to the video with concern. One user wrote in Hindi, “Very worrying!” Another comment in Hindi roughly translates to, “Now AC is proving to be very fatal. I have heard many such incidents in recent times. What could be the reason?”

Another user blamed the quality of materials used by AC companies, saying, “The material used by the company is of low quality. Compared to the Middle East, the heat is very high here. There are not many complaints of AC bursting. This means that the material used by the company in India is of low quality.”

Fire department data from Delhi’s satellite towns reveals that between April 1 and June 5, there were 32 fires in Ghaziabad and 85 in Noida, all caused by short circuits and AC explosions. In the same period, Delhi reported 12 similar incidents.

ALSO READ | Driver Surrenders in Darshan Murder Case